Skip to content (Press Enter)
Connecticut COVID Resources
Food is Medicine! Here are some great resources for making healthy choices:
- Dirty Dozen — Environmental Working Group. This group reviews the most important foods to choose organic every year.
- SeafoodWatch.org — healthy and sustainable seafood choices – download the guide here for the Northeast US
- DASH Diet — Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension – a plant based diet which has been shown to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol naturally with food you prepare yourself simply. Here is a pdf with a great comprehensive summary: DASH pdf.
- Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations from the American Heart Association
- Gluten free diets — Information from the Celiac Disease Foundation
- Low FODMAP Diets — Information from Monash University – the foremost research institution regarding diet and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- MyFitnessPal — a free comprehensive support program or app to help you in your weight loss journey.
- Noom — a different take on the usual weight loss program, with its foundations in psychology, nutrition science and sociology.
Medical Information — Some resources I like to share with my patients.
- Natural Database — updated information and research regarding herbal medications and dietary supplements. Dr. Cremin’s go-to site for the latest and most reliable information.
- ConsumerLabs.com — Independent review of supplements and botanical medications to ensure quality and purity.